Lighthouse Talk Series
Wisdom & the Keys to Empowerment
Lighthouse is known for events that build connection and collective energy and in doing so, participants walk away with clarity, inspiration and greater understanding of how they want to be in the world.
The purpose in presenting this Lighthouse Series is to set the stage for a small and intimate experience that will enlighten and empower those in attendance – whether you choose to attend one or all three of this series.
Over three evenings in October and November, we will welcome Lori Gobert, a Dr. Brene Brown ‘Dare to Lead’ trained speaker to share key learnings from her attendance at the 2019 International Women’s Summit in Arizona.
More than 1,000 people travelled from all over the globe to hear the personal growth stories of these world-changing visionaries. Lori has curated the key inspirational learnings from these incredible women so that you will leave believing that anything is possible. Whether attending one of our evening events or all three, you will walk away ready to write your own permission slips to Live BIG, Live with CURIOSITY and to HONOUR YOURSELF through your CREATIVITY and BELIEFS.
#1 What is Your Authentic Posture?
This evening’s session will bring awareness and transparency to the way you look at the world – both from a personal and business perspective. Through the words of these amazing changemakers, you will understand your authentic posture and gain clarity on what and who you stand for.
- Cheryl Strayed – author of Wild, Tiny Beautiful Things and Brave Enough
- Elizabeth Gilbert – author of Eat, Pray, Love and City of Girls
- Cheryl Strayed & Liz Gilbert – a conversation
- Natalie Fikes – speaker, business coach and founder of Code Next Generation
#2 Overcoming Adversity
Lori will share tools to deal with adversity, tactics to use before overwhelm happens and an opportunity to explore what ‘staying strong’ means to us individually.
- Lisa Nichols – celebrated motivational speaker and contributing author in The Secret
- Zainab Selbi – founder of Women for Women International and author of Freedom is an Inside Job
- Terarai Trent – Zimbabwean-American women with an amazing educational story
#3 Find Strength in the Quiet & a Summary of 'Dare to Lead'
You will be inspired to own your power through these Daring Leadership lessons of self-awareness, self-love and the ability to embrace the philosophy that who we are is how we lead. This November 6th session delves deep into the teachings of two of the greatest thought leaders of our time.
- Glennon Doyle – activist, philanthropist and non-profit executive – author of Love Warrior and Carry on Warrior
- Brene Brown – researcher and story teller – author of The Gifts of Imperfection, Rising Strong, Daring Greatly, Braving the Wilderness and Dare to Lead
We also have a couple surprises for this event. First, our Talk Series Presenter Lori Gobert will share a special segment titled “Don’t Lose Your Voice to Your Title”. You won’t want to miss that. And next, she has invited an incredible woman with an amazing story of her own to co-present.
Shelley Hewins Brown attended last spring’s International Women’s Summit with Lori so attendees will get a double dose of inspiration.
Shelley is a beautiful soul who lives, survives and thrives in North Vancouver. She spent many years as a professional figure skating coach and currently works in the financial services industry. In both roles, her unwavering commitment has always been to help others reach their full potential. It is her belief that with the correct discipline, fundamentals and guidance everyone can achieve their goals.
Her latest chapter is a journey resulting from unpredictability and adversity. Diagnosed with a rare ovarian cancer only days after learning she had breast cancer, Shelley has spent the past year, when not in recovery, speaking, writing and sharing her stories to help others.
Shelley Hewins Brown
Lori Gobert is the founder and CEO of Rylan Business Consulting.
She supports entrepreneurs and small business owners by mentoring and coaching management staff and company owners focusing on process, communication and leadership. Lori is also a Dr. Brene Brown ‘Dare to Lead’ trained speaker.
What to Expect
- Check in and Sip & Shop if you choose: 6:30 – 7:00 PM
- Presentation: 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- A lovely venue to soak up inspirational wisdom and the opportunity to hit pause and identify what you want to create for your life.
- Light nibbles and refreshments. Wine by cash donation with proceeds going to Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada .
- Lori’s curated takeaways from this international event to share wisdom, keys to empowerment and resources.
- Discussion and Q & A
- Draw Prizes
The November 6th Event is almost SOLD OUT. Purchase your tickets now to take part in this memorable evening.